Tuesday, April 05, 2016

The Icing on the Cake

Baby Brother and his family came over on Friday night for game night. When they walked in the door, I was just finishing up frosting some chocolate cupcakes, which were planned for a bake sale to benefit a local family. 

There was quite a bit of homemade cream cheese frosting left in the bowl and six-year-old Seventh Niece walked up and took several fingers full in rapid succession. Her mom told her to stop and without hesitation, Seventh Niece responded, "I can't! Frosting is my destiny!"

As destinies go, it's not a bad one.

D is for Destiny

4 comments:

  1. I love this as a destiny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And she said it (as she says most things) with a great deal of certainty. :)

      Delete
  2. I like that. She had no choice it was her destiny! I think a nightly bowl of ice cream with sprinkles and whipped cream is my destiny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we might have a shared destiny. ;)

      Delete