Monday, September 28, 2009

How It Got Here I Haven't A Clue*

A month into his first year of college, Son-Three reports that one of his new college friends marked two milestones in one day. In the morning, this friend, JD, got his first tattoo--praying hands--at a local shop called The Pink Armadillo. That evening, he decided to drink alcohol for the first time--and ended up drinking until he was quite wasted.

So wasted in fact, he approached Son-Three and said in a conspiratorial whisper, "Dude, look at this, look at this. Someone drew hands on me! Who would do that? I'm totally going to get to the bottom of this."

Son-Three says, "JD, remember? You got that from The Pink Armadillo."

JD mulls this over for a second then says with amazement, "Dude--did you know pink armadillos could draw?!"

*From "Margaritaville," a song in which Jimmy Buffet commemorates a few of his own milestones such as looking for his lost shaker of salt, blowing out his flip-flop by stepping on a pop-top and, of course, the brand-new tattoo: "It's a real beauty, a Mexican cutie/How it got here I haven't a clue."

2 comments:

  1. P I N G L U D I
    no kidding!
    This post is dangerous. It should come with a warning not to read after a given point of exhaustion.
    Granted the point would vary on any given day but holy crap!
    I thought I was going to pee my pants or hyperventilate or both.
    After a weekend of my own liquid experiments and consequences this just struck me as funny to the extreme. Makes me remember the time many, many, many, moons ago when I had to throw up while intoxicated and stuck my head in a recycle bin. Said bin had one of those swinging flip lids. As Murphy would have it my head got stuck. If several guys on our hall hadn't decided to be merciful I would have woken up in the morning looking like a dog prohibited from scratching myself and quoting this particular line of Jimmy's too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like something I'd say...with the drawing animal...you never know, really. Stranger things have happened...

    http://www.booshy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete