Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Let Her Out Once In A While To Get Some Air

Bumped into a former Shop Groupie at the grocery store two days in a row. She's an old friend of Cranky Boss Lady who dresses almost exclusively in various patterns of camouflage though she neither hunts nor was ever in the military. On seeing me the second day, she said, "You sure cruise these, uh, food places a lot."

"Yeah, that's how I keep my girlish figure," I said, while waving my hand to highlight my decidedly ungirlish shape.

Camo Lady raised an eyebrow. "Where do you keep her?"

Laughing, I said, "In a locker at home--it's the only place she's really safe."

"Yeah, I've had mine tucked away so long I'm not sure I remember where I left her."

"I used to take her out on special occasions--I guess it has been a while."

1 comment:

  1. MYCHYP

    This is very funny! I have heard it said that when one is of a certain age the girlish figure has the option to remain incognito as often as she likes. It is a nice little villa but I don't think I am ready to relocate yet. I am certainly of a mind to visit despite the frequent objections of my significant other.

    ReplyDelete