Monday, October 13, 2008

Signs of the Apocalypse

Forget, for a moment, the global economic crisis.


Forget wars and famine and disease.


Forget the upcoming elections which feel like a matter of life and death.

Forget, even, that the Republican party has so little regard for the American public that it nominated someone wholly unqualified (and as we get to know her better, it would seem completely unsuited) as its vice presidential candidate.

John Mellencamp and Stephen King are collaborating on a
musical together.

If it gets any scarier than that, I don't want to know about it.

3 comments:

  1. That's hysterical! The funniest thing (to me) is that it was actually John Mellencamp's idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right after I posted this I started wondering why if I like both John Mellencamp and Stephen King I should find it so scary that they might collaborate together. But let's face it, there are lots of things I like individually that really don't belong together--asparagus and chocolate, just for instance.

    Also. It's a musical. And despite my lasting affection for Grease and The Pirate Movie, musicals are really not my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That reminds me of when we were in Alaska for our honeymoon. They were selling chocolate beer. I'm not a huge beer fan, but I obviously like chocolate. "Beer good, chocolate good. Chocolate beer?? Not so good." As for the musical thing, I feel the same way. I adore Billy Joel and even Abba, but I'm not sure I'd go to the musicals.

    ReplyDelete