Monday, March 13, 2006

Bowled Over

A group of us went bowling a week or so ago. Every time we do it, we talk about how fun it is, and cheap and how we don't do it nearly enough--and still somehow we only do it once or twice a year. Anyway, Son-Two and I were sitting together at the little scorekeeping table where he was mostly making fun of my inability to understand more than the barest minimum of how to keep score and my brother--Baby Brother even though, you know, he's going to be thirty-two in two days!!!!-- was helping his daughter bowl her first ball in the tenth frame.

In much the same voice he was using to lecture me on scoring, I say to Son-Two: "Now, we're going into the tenth frame where, if you do well, you get three balls. Of course, in nature, three balls is considered an anomaly."

Without missing even a nano-beat, Son-Two says, "Well, I don't know about that, but some people have three nipples and that's pretty hot and happenin'."

I snort out loud before recovering enough to say something about how it kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it? Are those people with three nipples lagging behind a little evolution-wise? Did everyone once have three (or more) nipples? Or are those triple nippled types the next step in our evolution and a couple of hundred years from now, everyone will have three nipples?

Unfortunately and not for lack of trying, I haven't discovered any scientific evidence to support either theory. I do, however, think I've figured out why we don't go bowling more often. It's really loud at the bowling alley and having these sorts of intellectual debates is so very difficult with the clatter of falling pins and slamming, um, balls.

8 comments:

  1. nice one son two, nice one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait until my son is old enough to have comebacks like that one...that was priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha!!! Now that is funny!!! Very nice, he will go far in this world with a sense of humor like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. heya:

    i just got brain,child magazine and i love it! LOVE IT!

    and my friend, lizzy, has 3 nipples. she hates it when i tell people :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nita-Brain, Child is sooooo the best! I recommend it to every mom I know. And poor Lizzy! Not for the nipple thing so much as the friend with the big mouth--but hey, if the big mouth thing is bad, then all my friends are screwed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i forgot to tell you that i got booed at a bowling alley, singing karaoke, drunk. then i fell down. good times :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMAO! My mind is obviously in the gutter as well because I laughed at every word before you even MADE it dirty!

    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mandi--aw, dang, I should've used "gutter" in the title! It would've been so perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete