Thursday, November 25, 2010

(More) Signs of Aging

As we inch our way ever further into our forties, Hubby and I have gotten into the habit of pointing out signs of our mutual aging to each other.

When I cut Hubby's hair, I can't resist pointing out how the gray has taken over. I'll say, "Baby, you're old."

When I fall asleep four minutes into a TV show I couldn't wait to see and Hubby wakes me up at the end, he will say, "Baby, you're old."

It's a little sad what passes for entertainment around here...

Today, we mark another "because we're old" milestone as Son-One and his longtime girlfriend (three years next month) are hosting Thanksgiving. All we have to do is show up with the sweet potatoes, the cranberries and five extra mouths to feed.

We have a child old enough (and mature enough!) to host Thanksgiving.

Baby, we are soooooo old.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this cracked me up, 'specially the falling asleep in front of the television thing. Ed won't let me snuggle or lie down b/c he knows I'll be asleep ten seconds later. I think if he could strap me to a backboard to keep me upright and alert, he would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a big problem with it for a long time. It's a rare movie or show that I can stay awake for. My current work schedule (one day on 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and the rest on 2:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.) is certainly not helping the situation. And neither, of course, is my oldness.

    ReplyDelete