Thursday, February 01, 2007

Perfect Post For January: "...an oncoming train of painful insight"

January is typically the month of the year when resolutions are made and, all too often, broken. The month when, if we're not careful, we will descend into a pit of introspection from which we might never escape. Self-awareness is generally a good thing, but there's a point at which your brain begins to chase its own tail. I remember, during a particularly fruitless and melodramatic time, thinking of all that soul-searching as being lost in a wilderness of mirrors where you can't find the path home because all you can see are facets of yourself reflected back at you.

Lucky for me that at the beginning of this month, I came across "choo" at tuckova. There is a lesson to be learned (admittedly at tuckova's expense) there. I will, of course, not learn it, but it sure was nice to see the raging battle between self-assurance and self-doubt spelled out in a post so short and sweet and sneakily brilliant.

So here's my button:

A Perfect Post – January 2007

And, tuckova, it's all yours!

Other winners at Petroville and Suburban Turmoil.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. that was a really good post. I don't know that I've been "hit" by the train as much as I have seen it coming in the distance and struggled desperately to get out of the way (sometimes months in advance, other times hours)

    So I can definitely relate.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta admit, that post IS pretty great.

    ReplyDelete