Thursday, November 24, 2011

Eye Exam

Thanksgiving cupcake. Turkey with gravy, peas, cranberry sauce, and mashed potatoes with butter*:


Thanksgiving cupcakes as far as the eye can see:



Warning: creating Thanksgiving cupcakes as far as the eye can see when you're 43 years old and you don't get started until 9 p.m. may make "as far as the eye can see" a significantly shorter distance.

Hope everyone has a great day!



*The part of turkey is played by Brach's Maple Nut Goodies; gravy by melted chocolate chips; peas by green ball sprinkles; cranberry sauce by red sugar; mashed potatoes by dollop of frosting; butter by yellow decorating gel. The part of the plate is played by half a generic vanilla sandwich cookie covered in homemade butercream frosting. The part of the cupcake base is played by, uh, a cupcake.

6 comments:

  1. Hello, I came over to you from Jane in her infinite wisdom... And these cupcakes (and your writing about them) really made me laugh! Thanks, Livvy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are pretty neat! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute idea! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a give credit where it's due kind of girl so I should say that the idea came from Family Fun magazine 9 or 10 years ago, I think. I don't remember exactly when I first made them--but I do know that my daughter is now 17 and has come to believe that it's not really Thanksgiving without them and my 20-something year old sons are still pretty excited to see them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look like such fun! (And yes, as far as the eye can see is significantly shorter now *laughing*)

    ReplyDelete