Monday, November 10, 2008

A Politician In The Larval Stage?

Driving Youngest Niece, who's eight, to school this morning and she's babbling away in the backseat as usual. Last week she was--like a lot of people--all about the election--she was a big Obama supporter and couldn't be happier that he won. This morning, she's going on about the Katy Perry song "Hot N Cold" and how much she loves the song and how she and her friend Jessica take turns singing the lines but they have to skip the PMS one because it has the "b"-word in it and they can't say that. In the midst of all this rattling on, she says, "You wouldn't believe how I act at school. I mean, you know how I act when I'm at home and with you, right?"

I acknowledge that I do have a little experience with her behavior. Then she says, "Well, I act totally different at school. You wouldn't believe it."

I say, "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

Her answer? "Medium--it's a medium thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment