A random-ish glimpse at some items that have found their way into my various collections:
5 CDs From The Rack Next To My Desk
1. Daryl Hall--Three Hearts In The Happy Ending Machine
2. Best of Dire Straits & Mark Knopfler
3. Shaun Cassidy's Greatest Hits
4. Prince & The Revolution--Music From the Motion Picture Purple Rain
5. Melissa Etheridge--Breakdown
5 Songs From The Mix CD Currently In My Van's Player
1. The Wrights--On The Rocks1
3. John Sebastian--Welcome Back
4. Sheena Easton--Strut
5. Lifehouse--Whatever It Takes
5 Books Stacked On My Desk
1. Natalie Goldberg--Old Friend From Far Away: The Practice of Writing Memoir
2. Mil Millington--Instructions for Living Someone Else's Life
3. Alice Hoffman--The Ice Queen
4. John Irving--The Imaginary Girlfriend
5. Marion Winik--Telling
5 Books Currently Checked Out On My Library Card
1. Wendy McClure--The Wilder Life: My Adventures in the Lost World of Little House On The Prairie
2. Rob Lowe--Stories I Only Tell My Friends
3. Bill Clinton--Back To Work: Why We Need Smart Government for a Strong Economy
4. Joan Didion--Slouching Towards Bethlehem: Essays
5. Stephen King--On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
(I actually own this title, but have not yet unpacked it since our move in April2.)
5 Shows/Movies Saved In My DVR
1. O (recorded 9/22, still unwatched, though I have seen it before)
2. Parenthood (3 unwatched episodes)3
3. Once Upon a Time (1 episode, watched, but not deleted)
4. The Big Bang Theory (4 unwatched episodes)
5. The Daily Show With Jon Stewart (6 unwatched episodes)
Oh, and one random number...
...randomly generated at Random.org, for the winner of the audiobook version of Tom Perrotta's The Leftovers:
1. #1 S. Stauss.
Thanks to everyone who entered with special thanks to number three, without whom the "random number generator" would've been the quarter in my pocket.
Masked Mom's One-
1. This link leads to the only audio/video clip I could find for On The Rocks, which happens to be an instructional video for line dancing. Maybe I just need to get out more, but the way the woman waves and smiles at the camera in the beginning just tickled me to death.
2. I have now further cemented my reputation as a somewhat questionable housekeeper by admitting that boxes from a move seven months ago remain unpacked.
3. Lesson learned the hard way*: if you are, say three, episodes behind watching a family drama, clicking on the show's home page in order to link to it for a blog post is a good way to expose yourself to LOTS of spoilers.
* And isn't that the best way to learn a lesson?