The fabulous Judy at Life...Minute by Minute has bestowed upon me The Versatile Blogger Award. As with most blogging awards, this one came with a badge, the kind and generous words of the bestower, and, of course, rules. In this case, the rules state that I should share 7 things about myself and pass this award on to 15 other worthy bloggers.
First, the passing along. Since many of my favorite bloggers have previously received this award or a similar one (including quite a few who received it from Judy, as I did), I thought I would instead share links to fifteen specific posts that have especially touched me in some way.* Everyone on this list should consider themselves awarded and should feel free to snag The Versatile Blogger badge and play along if they choose.
As for these posts, some of them are older, some newer. Some of them you may have missed. Some of them you may have already seen, but they're worth checking out again.
1. The Essence of Life Must Be In The Cranberry Bogs by Lynda Grace
2. There's No Place Like Home by Jewels
3. 100 per cent by cdnkaro
4. The Balancing Act I Do by TangledLou
5. An Everyday Presence by Michelle
6. Confession by Nicole
7. Coming To Jeebus by Jane
8. Thinky Thursday: Truth by The M Half
9. 50 Things I Know At 50 by Word Nerd
10. If Jesus Walked On Water... by Sebtown294
11. Childhood Installment III by Larissa Tenorio
12. Not Enough Words by Mark O'Neill
13. Sanctimony by Leah Marie
14. Making Him Proud: A Letter From A Student by Melanie
15. Civility Rocks by Judy
Now, seven random things you might not know about me. (Please note: I make no guarantee that these are things you might actually want to know about me.)
1. My trailer park white noise machine died an unceremonious death with no warning two nights ago. We tried replacing it with two different fans--neither one makes the "right" white noise to help me sleep. I am forecasting another couple of days of exceptional crankiness on my part until the correct fan can be purchased.
2. The smell of lilacs has reminded me of death for as long as I can remember. I have no idea why.
3. If I were independently wealthy, I would love to drive an ice cream truck. The money wouldn't matter; it would be all about happy kids. And ice cream.
4. Tropical getaways hold zero appeal to me (except maybe the drinks with the little umbrellas, but you can get reasonable approximations of those just about anywhere). I see beautiful photos of tropical lands and think: hot and buggy. Give me the coast of Maine any day (including mid-winter).
5. Whenever anyone in my house clips his or her nails (finger or toe), our dog Nomi eats the clippings from the floor before anyone can clean them up. There are many words I could use to describe this habit of hers: Disgusting. Disturbing. Distressing. Convenient.
6. I am roughly equal parts supremely confident and devastatingly insecure. On a good day, I realize that neither extreme is actually justified.
7. I no longer remember when or how it got started, but at some point, Hubby and I began saying, "Pleh." to each other. "Pleh" has become a weighty little syllable, with many uses and subtle variations. During a debate, it's often deployed in the absence of a logical rebuttal--a little more of a concession than "so what?!" and a little less than "you win." As a stand-alone exclamation, it's a little darker than "humph" and a little sunnier than "ugh." I could go on, but I think I've flaunted our geekiness enough for one day. Wouldn't want to make anyone jealous.
*I hope the fact that I did not follow the rules is somewhat mitigated by the fact that not playing by the rules took considerably longer as it was extremely difficult and time-consuming to pick just one representative post from each of my fine bloggy friends. (However, it did give me the perfect excuse to poke around in all those archives, which is a nice way to spend an afternoon).